A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there
Coaching is a highly effective and well accepted way to achieve personal growth and gain greater clarity around your goals, value and potential. However, it requires commitment. We must both be honest and open so we both sign up to a “coaching contract” and commit to the following:
You, the client commit to:
- Setting the agenda: what has brought you here? how do you want me to help you?
- being open and honest about failures as well as successes
- moving outside your comfort zone as necessary
- retaining responsibility for your actions and goals
- being accountable for your results
- acting on the steps you identify and agree and undertaking the homework suggested by The Change Agent
- show up; mentally and physically
Ultimately, you are making this commitment to yourself
I, The Change Agent commit to:
- giving you my undivided attention in our conversations
- challenging your current thinking and perceptions as necessary
- being direct and honest but never intentionally offensive or shocking
- having only one agenda and that is to support you and your goals
- using my resources to help you wherever possible
- being flexible in how and when we work together
- treating our conversations with the utmost confidentiality (subject to legal and ethical considerations)
Do expect the process to be fun, insightful, challenging and rewarding.
Don’t expect the coaching process to be easy; we need some discomfort in order to grow and learn more about ourselves and our true potential.