Executives | Entrepreneurs
We invest a lot of our time, energy and emotion working to provide for ourselves and those we care about. We maximise the return on that investment when we know what our work is for and it fits to our values and aspirations, it is taking us towards our goals, we are valued for our skills and talents and we have fun doing it and have great, energising working relationships. If any of these elements are missing, we can find ourselves in roles we are not suited for but beating ourselves up about it, doing things for which we haven’t developed the skills – and doesn’t necessarily want to, chasing other people’s motivators because we are not sure of our own or spending too little time with those we care about. Work is then stressful and unfulfilling….and unhappy.
“Never continue in a job you don’t enjoy. If you’re happy in what you’re doing, you’ll like yourself, you’ll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined”. – Johnny Carson
When our working lives are expressions of our best selves then everything else in life just falls into place. There is more of us to go round and we are calm and alert. We have more resilience and presence, creativity and flexibility. We are more effective leaders of ourselves and others. Unfortunately, most of us are just ploughing on; over thinking, overwhelming, over reacting and overworking ourselves and all the while ignoring those nagging doubts. Our best selves get buried under exhaustion and doubt and that reflects on our family life as well as our results at work. Why do we go on like that? Because:
“You can’t see the label from the inside of the jar”
So for you executives out there, that means you become so immersed in the day to day that you can never answer those performance questions:
- Am I ever going to feel confident and capable in this job?
- When I am going to stop fearing that this is the day when I get found out?
- Will I ever feel like a leader?
or figure out:
- Where do I go from here?
- How do I make a move?
- I am working harder and harder but what’s it all for?
- Is this what I am meant to be doing?
For those of you starting up on your own, or thinking about it, the entrepreneurial life can be lonely and there’s no one to give you another perspective when:
- Your early results are disappointing what you don’t know what to do differently.
- You start wondering if you even cut out to run your own business.
- There’s no one to keep you accountable and motivated.
Finally, being established in business doesn’t make it any easier as there’s bound to come a time when you start asking yourself these sorts of questions:
- what do I have to do differently to get my business to next level?
- I am exhausted but how do I take a step back?
- how do I move from day to day operations to a leadership role as the team expands?
That’s where I come in. I have a track record of helping people like you achieve their goals with my signature blend of humour and humanity. I am the Change Agent so I am here to help you identify the changes you can make to your working life so you can feel happier in your work and life. Not only that, but I will help you through those changes and support you along the way.
“Shirley is an excellent coach, not least because she is one of the most insightful people I have ever met.”
A happier working life starts with a free chemistry call.
IS THIS YOU?
“Change the way you look at things and the way you look at things will change” – Wayne Dyer”
My clients are corporate professionals and business owners. They range from young professionals to seasoned executives, mid-life career changers, start-up entrepreneurs and owners of mature businesses. They come from a variety of industries and backgrounds but they all have:
- Frustrated by a perceived lack of progress
- Engaging and energetic
- Ambitious for themselves, their families and their work
- They are ready for more challenge
- Willing to step out of their comfort zone
A sense of personal responsibility
- Willing to reflect on past events behaviours and open up even if it’s a little painful
- Accepting of feedback and challenge from others
- Take responsibility for their results
- Commit fully to the change process
A sense of fun
- A great sense of humour
- They don’t take themselves too seriously
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
Click on the boxes for more details
With the exception of the Accelerator, our conversations generally take place via Zoom videoconference, Facetime or phone. Face to face conversations are available, especially to local clients, but may incur additional travel expenses to the Change Agent which would be agreed upfront and are payable by the client.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY ABOUT THE CHANGE AGENT
“Warm, charming and honest, Shirley is a truly lovely person to work with. The help she offers is worth every penny.”
“A wise man changes before he has to” – George Raveling
GET IN TOUCH
Use the contact form to get more information or book a free chemistry call using the calendar below. The chemistry call is a 30 minute coaching conversation with real value to you where we can get to know each other, agree if we would like to work together and how best to do that.