Executives | Entrepreneurs
Get a fresh perspective on your work and life. Why? So you can bring your best self to your work. In my experience, when you are fired up by your work and it brings the best out of you, then life in general is good. You have more of your best self for everyone else. When you’re not, you become too exhausted or frustrated to find joy elsewhere and no one sees your best self. When you’re in the thick of things, or stressed and overwhelmed, it can be very difficult see things afresh. It can be even harder to motivate yourself to do something differently.
“Without work, all life goes rotten. But when work is soulless, life stifles and dies.” – Albert Camus
Connecting your work with who you are – your values, strengths and aspirations – allows you stay energised and positive in the face of set backs. You are clear on the why and less open to distraction or lack of focus. I call it “working with purpose”. I don’t mean “purpose” in any sort of grandiose way, just that you work with intention, with a clear sense of direction.
Without intention, you can find yourself:
- wondering what it is all for
- lacking direction and all sense of possibility
- finding it difficult to connect reward with our efforts
- distracted and despondent
- lacking energy and interest in work, home and fun
- leaving your best self at home rather than have it working for you
“You can’t see the label from the inside of the jar”
I have a track record of helping people achieve their goals with my signature blend of humour and humanity. You will soon see new possibilities for your business and your career. You’ll discover more motivation, more grit and get more from your working day.
“Shirley is an excellent coach, not least because she is one of the most insightful people I have ever met.”
In my experience, transformative change and lasting results come from “the 3Cs”:
- Who you are.
- Where you are right now
- What you want to achieve in life and work.
- How you can get there.
- Define success on YOUR terms and no one else’s.
- Shape a career or business model that’s right for you.
- Challenge your beliefs and behaviours
- Accept feedback from others.
- See things through.
- Learn from your results.
- Keep developing your skills and knowledge.
- Stay accountable.
A more rewarding working life starts with a free chemistry call.
“Change the way you look at things and the way you look at things will change” – Wayne Dyer”
My clients are corporate professionals and business owners. They range from young professionals to seasoned executives, mid-life career changers, start-up entrepreneurs and owners of mature businesses. They come from a variety of industries and backgrounds but they all have:
- Frustrated by a perceived lack of progress
- Engaging and energetic
- Ambitious for themselves, their families and their work
- They are ready for more challenge
- Willing to step out of their comfort zone
A sense of personal responsibility
- Willing to reflect on past events behaviours and open up even if it’s a little painful
- Accepting of feedback and challenge from others
- Take responsibility for their results
- Commit fully to the change process
A sense of fun
- A great sense of humour
- They don’t take themselves too seriously
My clients typically come to me with one (or more!) of these questions:
- Identifying the next step on the career ladder.
- Making sense of the options for their career or business development.
- Wanting a vision for their future.
- How do I make an impact in my new role?
- Nothing I do seems to be working but everyone else seems to be a success. Is it me?
- I made the break from corporate life and now I’m lonely and frustrated.
- How do I step up to the growing demands of my business?
How do I?
- Make more of my skills and strengths… and find out what they are?
- Focus and prioritise so I can make best use of my time.
- Overcome my fears so I can move on.
- Go about finding a new job.
Over the years, I have had to ask myself these questions and then act on the answers. I can help you to do the same.
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
Click on the boxes for more details
With the exception of the Accelerator, our conversations generally take place via Zoom videoconference, Facetime or phone. Face to face conversations are available, especially to local clients, but may incur additional travel expenses to the Change Agent which would be agreed upfront and are payable by the client.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY ABOUT THE CHANGE AGENT
“Warm, charming and honest, Shirley is a truly lovely person to work with. The help she offers is worth every penny.”
“A wise man changes before he has to” – George Raveling
GET IN TOUCH
A free coaching conversation with real value to you where we can get to know each other and work out if we would like to work together.
Programmes can be flexed to suit your workload. Even if we can’t talk, my concierge approach means I am always reachable by text or email if you want to share an insight, challenge or success.
Your privacy is very important to me therefore a coaching contract is always signed at the outset.